Who Pays For Collision Damage in Florida?

You need to be aware of your options in Florida regarding collision damage. Various types of insurance coverage can be purchased, and you should be familiar with the details of each type before you buy a policy. You may also want to know about Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection (UM/UIM).

Property damage liability coverage

Property damage liability coverage is essential for anyone who drives a car in Florida. This insurance covers the cost of repairs to your vehicle and damages to other people’s property resulting from an accident. However, the amount of reimbursement you are awarded depends on several factors. For example, how extensive the damages are to your car and how much money your insurance company decides to pay out.

To illustrate the importance of having adequate insurance, consider that the average Florida car insurance policy contains many moving parts. Among the most common is collision and PIP (Personal Injury Protection) insurance. In addition, Florida law requires drivers to carry a minimum of $10,000 in property damage liability insurance and a $500 deductible for PIP.

While property damage liability is essential, there are other types of insurance you may want to consider. For instance, there are medical payments insurance and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Similarly, if you’re involved in a multi-vehicle accident, you may be able to collect compensation for your injuries.

Having the proper auto insurance can protect you from financial ruin. If you don’t have the minimum liability insurance required by law, you can lose your driving privileges.

If you do get into an accident, you may be able to claim the at-fault party’s insurance policy. The law in Florida provides for up to 60 percent of lost wages and 80 percent of reasonable medical expenses. Moreover, if your car is deemed totaled after an accident, you may be reimbursed for the total loss.

Fortunately, getting more than the state’s minimum coverage is affordable and accessible. You just have to understand which coverage you should purchase and how to buy it.

It is also possible to find an attorney who specializes in property damage. They can help you file the proper claim and prove that your injuries are worth the price of your policy. However, you may need time and money to make a successful claim.

Personal injury protection (PIP)

Personal injury protection (PIP) is insurance coverage that pays for medical expenses resulting from an auto accident. In Florida, PIP covers a portion of lost income and medical bills. It also assists with funeral and burial expenses.

If you are injured in a car crash, you can file a claim against your insurance company or the at-fault party. However, you should first consult with your doctor for the treatment that will help you get better.

Depending on the nature of the accident, you may have to seek the services of an attorney. A personal injury attorney will work to ensure you receive compensation for your injuries.

Florida has strict rules when it comes to filing a PIP claim. You can have a claim denied if you do not follow the procedures correctly.

The compensation you receive will depend on the severity of your injury. For example, a soft tissue injury might only cost about $10,000. But a traumatic brain injury or a permanent scar may cost more than that.

In some states, passengers in your car can also file a claim with their own insurance. However, the law requires that they be insured under the owner’s policy in Florida.

Personal injury protection does not cover the costs of injuries caused by a drunk driver or carjacking. Also, it does not cover the costs of damages to a vehicle. Nonetheless, PIP can be a helpful supplement to your medical insurance.

Personal injury protection provides you with money for medical care, lost wages, and burial and funeral costs. Moreover, it can be used for daily activities, such as paying for childcare.

To receive a payout for injuries and property damage, you must file a claim with your insurance company within 14 days of the accident. During this time, your insurer will investigate the claims. You can pursue the other driver’s policy if they do not accept your claim.

Once your claim is accepted, your insurer must pay the amount in 30 days. If unsure about the procedure, you can hire an auto accident attorney to guide you through the process.

Uninsured/Underinsured motorist protection (UM/UIM)

If you live in Florida, it is essential to understand how uninsured/underinsured motorist protection (UM/UIM) works. This coverage is another way to receive compensation for the damage you cause to another person.

There are many different options for UM/UIM coverage. The amount of coverage you get depends on your state and your driving record. You may also be able to stack your coverage. However, this can increase the cost of your premium.

UM/UIM coverage is designed to pay for damages incurred in a car accident. It will also cover injuries to you and your passengers if an uninsured driver hits you. While a standard auto insurance policy does not provide this protection, you should consider adding it as a supplement to your coverage.

If you are involved in an accident, it is essential to remember to take photos and record details. This can help you when it comes time to file your claim. Also, keep contact information for witnesses.

If you are injured in an accident, your medical bills can be expensive. While your insurer will help cover these costs, it can be difficult to recover the total amount. You can use UM/UIM to pay for your medical bills and other expenses.

When it comes to UM/UIM, there are two main types. Using a stacked limit policy, you can add up to $100,000 of coverage to your policy. On the other hand, you can purchase a non-stacked limit. Non-stacked limits generally have a lower cost than stacked ones.

Buying uninsured/underinsured motorist protection is one of the best ways to ensure that you receive compensation if you are ever injured in a car accident. It can also protect you and your family from other drivers who are not insured.

If you have a UM/UIM policy, it’s always a good idea to talk to your insurance agent about the details of your policy. He or she will be able to advise you about the proper documentation to file your claim. Remember, the more information you can supply, the easier it will be to receive the compensation you need.

Loss of use

If you were involved in an auto accident in Florida, you could collect compensation for loss of use. This type of claim is different from a property damage claim. It is based on the time you were unable to drive your car, and it can add up to $500+.

Your insurance company usually provides loss of use compensation. The policy will set a limit on the number of days that you can be without your car. In addition, your insurance company may decide to limit the amount of money you can receive.

If you cannot drive your vehicle because it is damaged in an accident, your auto insurance company will help cover the costs of a rental car. They will also pay for transportation costs; you can recover a per diem amount when you are out of your vehicle.

To file a loss of use claim, you must submit some documents to your insurer. These include an accident report, proof of expenses, and quotes for repairs. Your attorney can advise you on the best way to proceed with your claim.

It would be best if you kept your receipts for all expenses. These can include gas, child care, and other fees. Although you are still responsible for your mortgage, your additional costs are not covered.

Generally, insurance companies will provide you with a loss of use check at the beginning of the month. Depending on your policy, you might also be able to request a cash advance. However, many home insurance providers do not offer this option.

Your insurance company can also deny your loss of use claim. If they believe that you have a luxury car or SUV instead of a reasonable substitute, they may refuse to cover your expenses. Other factors that affect your claim are your driving history, the cost of the vehicle, and the amount of your injury.

If you are denied your loss of use claim, contact an experienced attorney for help. A lawyer can determine whether or not you have a valid claim and can also help you file a dispute with your insurer.

About The Author

Leave a Reply


Scroll to Top
Call Us Now
%d bloggers like this: